Working Into Week 2

It was an absolutely incredible week of learning in Room 1. I was impressed with all the work I saw and the ways I saw the class growing together. I loved seeing the art projects the class worked on through their sketches, the ways they were so reflective on essays about doing the right thing. We even had our first math project, using math to help us make arguments for biological or robotic pets. We’re making big plans for next week, like a student newspaper, starting our service projects, and exploring the 3D printer. The highlight, for me, however, was definitely our discussion of Paulie Fink. I was so proud of the way they worked through the characters, analyzing the ways they changed over time. We actually had a long discussion about how people fit into the environments they’re in. The class realized that, just like Caitlyn changed to fit into her new school, Paulie changed too when he went to Devlinshire. I was touched when the class pointed out the ways our classroom is helping all of us to be ourselves and become the people we want to be. I am honored to be the teacher for this class and can’t wait to see what we do next!

Enjoy the three day weekend everyone and see you Tuesday.